Noivern has an incredibly high speed, and a decent special attack stat. These stats, along with some moves that it can learn, make it an incredibly potent “revenge killer.”
Revenge killers are Pokémon that you send in after one of your Pokémon faints to quickly eliminate a weakened opponent. These attackers are generally very fast, so they out-speed opponents and faint them in one hit.
A Noivern with a Choice Scarf easily outs-speeds any Pokémon that is not also holding a Choice Scarf. Using moves like Draco Meteor and Boomburst will quickly faint opponents, even if they are hiding behind a Substitute or Light Screen, thanks to the Infiltrator ability.
|Held Item||Choice Scarf|
|Move Set 1||Boomburst, Draco Metor, Flamethrower, Air Slash|
|Move Set 2||Boomburst, Draco Metor, Focus Blast, Hurricane|
|EVs||252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def|
|IVs||HP 31 / Atk – / Def 31 / Sp. Atk 31 / Sp. Def 31 / Spd 31|
|Nature||Modest (+10% Sp. Atk, -10% Atk) OR Timid (+10% Spd, -10% Atk)|
When one of your Pokémon faints, switch in to Noivern. On the first turn, use a move that you think will do the most damage (i.e., a super effective move). Make this selection carefully, because you will not be able to change to a different move later because of the Choice Scarf. Keep in mind that Boomburst will hit your allies in a Double Battle, so consider using Protect on them. Also, if your opponent has a Fairy-type on their team, stay away from Draco Meteor, because they might switch in to take the hit.
Once the Pokémon faints or switches out, withdraw Noivern and save it for later.
Alternatively, you could keep Noivern in and try to “sweep” through your opponent’s team. This is a riskier move, but you could potentially take out their entire team with one Pokémon.
Things to Watch Out For
- Ice Shard. This is a priority Ice-type move that is double-super effective against the Dragon- and Flying-type Noivern. This could potentially take it out in one hit.
- Special walls. Pokémon with high Special Defense or an Assault Vest will have little trouble taking a hit from Noivern.
- Other Pokémon with the Choice Scarf. These Pokémon could potentially out-speed Noivern, making revenge killing much harder.
Ask questions or share feedback
- Please comment on this post below
- Email email@example.com (audio files welcome)
Connect with Pokedex Radio
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes
- Follow our Instagram
- Like our Facebook page
- @PokedexRadio on Twitter
Please support the website
- Donate to help support the website