Crobat is a very unique Pokemon that has an insanely good Speed stat, and a wide move pool to chose from. Its Poison-Flying typing makes it immune to the common Ground type attacks such as Earthquake, while its abilities allow it to hit opponents with status moves, even if they are hiding behind a Substitute, or Crobat gets Flinched.
Moves such as Tailwind help your own team set up, while Toxic, Confuse Ray, and Hypnosis hinder your opponents. Crobat is also exceptionally good at stopping your opponents from setting up. It can remove Entry Hazards with Defog, prevent status moves with Taunt, and remove all buffs from an opponent with Haze. This is called “Anti-Leading”.
Option 1 is best for a “Lead” Crobat, while option 2 is better for “Anti-Leading”.
|Ability 2||Inner Focus|
|Held Item||Black Sludge|
|Move Set 1||Tailwind, Toxic, Confuse Ray, Hypnosis|
|Move Set 2||Taunt, Defog, Haze, Mean Look|
|EV Spread||252 HP/ 252 Spd/ 4 Def|
|IVs||HP 31 / Atk – / Def 31 / Sp. Atk – / Sp. Def 31 / Spd 31|
|Nature||Timid (+10% Spd, -10% Atk)|
Lead Crobats are best used at the beginning of the battle. They can use their status moves to inhibit your opponents’ Pokemon early, and use Tailwind to make the rest of your team faster.
Use Hypnosis on the opponent’s leading Pokemon to immobilize them. Alternatively, you could go with the more accurate, but less effective, Confuse Ray. Use Toxic on attackers and walls to whittle down their HP. Finally, just before you switch out, use Tailwind, so that your entire team can have double speed.
Anti-Lead Crobats are a little more flexible with when they can be used in battle, but they are most effective at the beginning. They can use their moves to counter the actions of opposing leads.
Use Mean Look to trap your opponent’s lead in battle, then use Taunt to stop them from using any moves. Defog will remove any entry hazards they set up, and Haze will lower a Pokémon’s dangerously boosted stats.
Things to Watch Out For
- Sableye/Klefki. These two set-up Pokemon have the ability Prankster, which allows them to go before other Pokemon regardless of speed if they are using a Status move. This means they can Taunt Crobat before it can even move, making it useless.
- Stealth Rock. This entry hazard will do 1/4 of Crobat’s max HP on switch in. You will have to weigh the risk of damage to Crobat with the benefit of being able to remove the Rocks for the rest of your team with Defog.
- Ice Shard. This is a priority Ice-type move that could deal massive damage to Crobat. Since it has Priority, Crobat’s high speed won’t matter.
Ask questions or share feedback
- Please comment on this post below
- Email email@example.com (audio files welcome)
Connect with Pokedex Radio
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes
- Follow our Instagram
- Like our Facebook page
- @PokedexRadio on Twitter
Please support the website
- Donate to help support the website