This is my very first Nuzlocke Challenge and I have decided to share it with you here. I did this run in Pokémon Gold, hope you all enjoy! Since in Pokémon Gold, it takes a while to actually start, I just picked my first Pokémon based off of a six-sided dice roll (1,2 Fire; 3,4 Water; 5,6 Grass). Also, this is my first time playing through a Generation II game, besides my Pokémon Silver game, which I am at the third Gym on. Also, to wrap up this intro, I will do a post between every Gym every week, unless its a place with a lot of battles such as Bellsprout Tower.
This post is just so I can lay out some ground rules for this Nuzlocke Challenge that I’m going to call “The Golden Quest.” I hope you follow me on my journey through the Johto region!
Nuzlocke Challenge Rules:
- Each Route is a new “area” and is considered free game to catch a new Pokémon.
- After a Pokémon faints it will be permanently released.
- Because it’s my first Nuzlocke Challenge, I rule that I save after each Gym battle. I will use the checkpoint system, provided I white out.
- Can’t catch a Pokémon I’ve caught before, CAN catch evolutions. If it’s a past evolution, I can’t let it evolve.
- Breeding is allowed, provided the offspring is one I haven’t used yet.
- If I white out with all my party Pokémon, but I still have some in my PC, I must release all my party Pokémon and use what’s in my PC.
- Anytime I have to make a decision between two or more options, I’ll just settle it with a dice roll.
- On the off chance I find a Shiny I can catch it no matter what because, well, it’s a Shiny.
- Finally, the use of legendary Pokemon (Such as Lugia, Ho-Oh, and the legendary beasts) is prohibited.
Ask questions or share feedback
- Please comment on this post below
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org (audio files welcome)
Connect with Pokedex Radio
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes
- Follow our Instagram
- Like our Facebook page
- @PokedexRadio on Twitter
Please support the website
- Donate to help support the website