E3 Predictions for 2014
Rene and I discussed our hopes of what to see at E3 this year. We already know about the two new Pokémon titles for the Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. We already know about Hyrule Warriors, the Dynasty Warriors and Legend of Zelda crossover title. What else could Nintendo reveal?
There have been rumors of a new Legend of Zelda title for the Wii U and rumors of a Majora’s Mask remake for the Nintendo 3DS. I’m sure there will be plenty of first-party titles that will be shown like Mario and Yoshi games, but what about the future of the Nintendo Wii U and Nintendo 3DS?
Nintendo seems to be working on their Nintendo Figurine Platform (NFP) for the Nintendo Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, which allows you to use a NFC compatible figurine between different games. You can learn more about Nintendo’s plan for its NFP product in this article from Polygon titled Nintendo reveals NFC Nintendo Figurine Platform for Wii U and 3DS.
Hoenn Starters Mega Evolution
It’s official! The remaining two Hoenn region starter Pokémon have been given a Mega Evolution for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.
- Mega Sceptile will be Grass- and Dragin-type. It will have the Ability Lightning Rod.
- Mega Swampert will remain Water- and Ground-type. It will have the Ability Swift Swim.
Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire will feature the same characters from the original Ruby and Sapphire games, but with redesigned artwork.
- Brendan and May return with updated clothing.
- Steven Stone returns and has a Mega Charizard X.
- Team Aqua is lead by Archie and has two Admins named Matt and Shelley.
- Team Magma is lead by Maxie and has two Admins named Tabitha and Courntey.
Other Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire leaks:
- The Mach Bike and Acro Bike make their return.
- The item used to make a Pokémon Mega Evolve in these games is called the Mega Bangle.
- Mega Diancie has been announced and is still Rock- and Fairy-type. It is currently unknown what its Ability is.
- Groudon and Kyogre have new formes. These new formes seem to be a regression called “Ancient Devolution” instead of an evolution.
Game Freak is certainly pulling out all the stops when it comes to Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. We’re hoping that the game lives up to the hype. Since we already know the story line and we’ve already explored Hoenn, I’m excited to see what else they incorporate into the remakes to make it more exciting.
Pokémon Art Academy – English Trailer
Yeah, I’ll never be able to draw like that. I can barely draw stick figures.
Question of the Episode
What are your predictions for E3 2014?
Pokémon of the Episode: #687 Malamar
Malamar is the Overturning Pokémon. It can have the Abilities Contrary, Suction Cups, or the Hidden Ability Infiltrator. It stands at 4’11” (1.5m) tall and weighs 103.6 pounds (47kg). Malamar is Dark- and Phychic-type.
Inkay evolves into Malamar at level 30 or above only when it levels up while you are holding your Nintendo 3DS or 2DS upside-down.
Ask questions or share feedback
- Please comment on this post below
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org (audio files welcome)
Connect with Pokedex Radio
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes
- Follow our Instagram
- Like our Facebook page
- @PokedexRadio on Twitter
Please support the website
- Donate to help support the website